August 12, 2007

The Ultimate Realization




They say that the pain a broken heart can give is the worst pain one could ever feel. I've seen my friends go through it over and over again. I was there on every tear that drops, every scream they've done, every litany of curses spewed, every time they made a fool of themselves when they try to regain what was lost, and every time their pride was stamped on once again... So then I decided I won't expose myself to that kind of torture, that kind of pain.

I've succesfully shielded my heart and my pride all these years and have left every relationship with myself intact and unscathed but was I really intact? Or is it just the hollow state of me that is intact? After all this time, I now see my friends in a different light. I realized with a smile that what they were doing to themselves are the greatest gifts they can ever give themselves... HOPE.



Hope of finding the elusive one, Hope of one day feeling what is true love, and hope of attaining happiness in the end. The scars that they got for all the times that their hearts were broken now look so beautiful coz these streaks are the symbol of their fight, their fight for love. I don't have scars to show off but now is always the right time to start. I'd rather be broken but whole than to remain whole but is still broken for by being broken is what makes us whole.

To all my friends, thank you for helping me for in you I found myself.

No comments: