August 12, 2007

The Fear and Courage of Loving


For a while, I was surrounded by friends, fun, and laughter.

I thought I was satisfied with the life I was leading.

Then one day, you silently walked into my life.

And made me realize the One thing that I was missing...



I never thought you would be able to open up

The very last thing I made sure would stay close.

I never even expected you to scratch the surface

but you did more than that, you did a lot worse.



You dug deep into the very heart and soul of me.

Slowly melting the ice along the way...

By God, I tried everything I can to resist you

but I just kept falling in love day by day.



You made me see the beauty of a red sunrise,

You made me listen to the music of the ebbing wave,

You made me feel the scorching sensation of the sun,

And you made me taste the magic that we call Love...



So now, I feel exposed and vulnerable

To all the heavenly bliss and the merciless pain.

For Baby, my heart is under the power of your hands

To do as you please, to follow as you want.



But inspite of all these uncertainty, my love

There is one thing I surely know I'll do,

I would bravely face the unknown of tomorrow

Just to spend a few more moments with you...

Postscript

I wrote this during the summer of 2004 dedicated to my last boyfriend who taught me a lot of things. Anthony, thank you and may you find happiness...

No comments: