August 3, 2007

My first day in the Lion City




Between a dreamless sleep, I woke up at 7am, looked out the window, and was surprised that the streetlights are still on and the sun has just peeked out of a cloudy sky. After a split second, I decided to go back to sleep. When I finally opened my eyes and dragged my heavy weight out of bed it was midday!

I ate my lunch at the same cafe/restaurant I went to last night and to my shock I found out that my Coke is as expensive as my food! ( I guess I have to cut down on my favorite soda for now) After a hearty meal, I leasurely sipped my precious beverage with a few sticks and started looking around.



My first day in Singapore! But after the thought faded, I felt I wasn't just miles away from home. The place just looks like Manila albeit way much cleaner! Then I started noticing the people. My dearest friend Joey popped into my mind after seeing several Chinese looking fatherly figures ( Joeyboi you'll love it here! hehe ).

I proceeded to walk down the streets under a drizzle. It felt kind of weird not seeing a jeepney zoomed by.

After aimlessly walking for a few meters, I went inside an internet cafe and to my utmost happiness, it's a SMOKING establishment! I then found my haven (I can surf, post my blogs, write and check emails, watch videos, drink, and smoke in one place! All that is missing is a bed then it would be like my good old room in Cebu!).

I started invading the cyberworld and was immersed into it in no time! When I checked my watch, four hours have gone by... (by the way, every heart satisfying hour cost S$3. Wow! Happiness doesn't come cheap here, although their can of Coke is FREE!)

Before going back to the hotel, I decided to buy a cup of spicy Korean noodles which has been my favorite back in the Philippines at the worldspread "Seven Eleven convenience store". I spent my second night which is sadly a Saturday, stuck in my hotel room watching Oceans 13 with a cup of noodles as my dinner and smoking to my hearts content while my sister and the rest of the pack are out having their kind of fun...

This is the first of the many times that I start to miss my pals in Cebu...

No comments: