November 30, 2007

Sentosa Island, Singapore


We agreed to meet up at Vivocity at 11am. After having lunch at one of the many restaurants, we bought a ticket to cross Sentosa Island.






As soon as the train door opened, the sight took my breath away! Clear blue sparkling waters greeted my eyes. I hurriedly went down and ran towards the beach. Aahh... the feeling is just indescribable. They have grains of sand as fine as sugar and as white as cotton balls. The heat is scorching but no one gives a damn!

My friend Zai and Nasriah bellowed at me to come back for we need to try the Luge first before embarking on Beach hopping. So I dragged my heavy feet back to the hot pavement and queued up for the ride.






In order to ride the Luge, which is like a bump car ride back home, we need to take the Skyride that will take us up the hill so that we can start our drive downhill. As soon as the cable car started climbing up, my excitement grew. Below me is a soothing view of thick green trees and in front of me is a breathtaking view of the splendor of the island.

The drive downhill was adrenaline-pumping. Zai and I raced to the finish line. The feel of the wind whipping on my face was refreshing.

We started our trek to the next beach which has a lagoon. The girls decided to plop down under a coconut tree and took out our form of entertainment, playing cards, while the boys rushed to the shoreline and devoured every bikini-wearing gal within their sight.





When the boys came back after "touring", Emily and I organized a childhood play that we both love, "Patintero". Our foreign friends were able to get the hang of it easily and started laughing and panting in no time.

After catching my breath from the game. I went ahead and immersed myself in the beckoning sea. Pure bliss! It's been so long since I took a swim so for me this is heaven.

By 6pm we started heading to the station. We spent 2 more hours at the coffee shop below the station before finally boarding it to take us back to Vivocity. Then we took our dinner of KFC chicken at the deck of Vivocity Mall facing the island. Another round of picture taking took place and a couple more rounds of playing cards.

I finally arrived at the doorstep of my apartment at 10pm, all bone-weary tired and sticky. Great way to spend a Sunday!

Postscript:

Sentosa Island is a tourist destination and a must see here in Singapore!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Been a long time since I visited the place. Marami na sigurong added attractions to the island... :-)

-snglguy-

lucille said...

Rudy: they're building an integrated resort there complete with all the amusements so i'm looking forward to it kaso mga 2009 or 2010 pa matatapos.

wait.... so rudy is ur real name snglguy?

Unknown said...

Yup, blogger has somehow used my gmail user id as my identity for their comment box. So either I use that or be anonymous... :-)

AJ said...

i was there last 2000. hope to be back this 07..cool shots/blogs u got, xlink po. txs! :)