November 17, 2007

Multicultural Night Out

from left to right: Mahesh(Sri Lanka), Lily(Indonesia), me(Philippines), Zai(Singapore), Su(Myanmar), & Haresh(India)

After a grueling week, my friends and I decided to unwind and visit the local bars. We met up at Clarke Quay. After walking around and checking out the best place to hang out, we sat down at a table outside of Le Noir bar and I began my night with ordering my favorite drink... Blue Frozen Margarita.


for me nothing beats a frozen margarita...

A duo of Caucasian origin started performing tricks right in front of where we are having fun. I gave them 10 minutes of my time and came to the conclusion that they were not that interesting. However, I give them credit for trying.

We went on to check another bar down Havelock Road named Connections. Lily, my Indonesian friend recommended this since she's a regular here. To my surprise, the regular band members are Filipinos and Bisaya to boot! We danced the night away. I made new friends, both Filipinos and foreigners. I even danced the Chacha with one of the vocalists.

mga bisdak sad!

Sad to say, the performance ended at 2:00am but I left the place with a smile and a promise to the regulars and staff that I'll be back.

It's nice to kn
ow that there is a place around here that makes me feel not so far away from home...



2 comments:

Unknown said...

You'd be surprised at the number of Pinoy bands performing in bars across Asia, and also on cruise ships. Favorite talaga sila sa entertainment circuit...

-snglguy-

lucille said...

rudy: oo nga. widespread ang mga filipino artists natin. magaling naman talaga eh.