October 20, 2007

Treasures...


I was at Centennial Airport in Manila waiting for my flight back to Cebu. The PA system just announced that my flight will be delayed for an hour (nothing to be surprised about with PAL). I fidgeted with my handphone and decided to text my dearest friends.

" Guys I'm back in Cebu in 2 hours. See you tonight! "

Before I even had the time to return my handphone back inside my bag, it beeped continuously.

" Hi dear! Welcome back! See u tonight. "
" Are you back for good? "
" I missed u sis! See u tonight. "

These are some of the messages I received. After reading all of them, the earlier irritation I felt for my delayed flight vanished. It's good to be home!

I was only away for 2 months but it felt like eternity. I'm always happy when I'm with my dearest friends. The friends who have been with me in my pursuit of happiness and most especially the friends who grabbed my hand every time I fall down Happiness road.

These friends know the real me and have accepted the quirkiness in me from my mood swings to my weird tastes. They never asked for explanations nor bothered to tell me otherwise for they know who I am and how I think. They just silently stayed by my side encouraging me when I'm doing well or helping me pick up the pieces of the mess I've made.

They know the story of my life and holds a big part of my memory chest.


Lambz. The best thing that happened to me in 2003. The person who has been with me when I was on my utmost down. The person who knows with one glance if I needed a drink. The kind of brother that I never had. The friend I can rely on 24 hours a day. The first person I gave my complete trust. The best friend that I will love forever. Bro, thank you.


Joey. The person I'm most comfortable with. He brings out the elder sister in me. He never fails to make me smile even if I'm sad. I am always happy every time I see him. He's my devoted listener and companion. The one person that I can ask for advice without failing to give me the most intelligent one. The only person who knows what I want even before I knew it. The friend whose opinion I value most. Joey dear, I love you always!


Mailene. The woman who taught me a lot of things. The friend who is with joey and me during our struggles. The only one who never fears of voicing out her opinion. A woman yet still a girl. A friend that never ceases to give us a good dose of reality. Even with her busy schedule, she never fails to show us how important we are to her. Mai, you always give the best encouragement! I love you sweetie.


I may consider myself an eternal wanderer but when I'm with them I'm at home....

Postscript

Guys, you are the ones keeping me sane. I can never thank you enough. Nevertheless, thank you for coming into my life. You are my treasures...


1 comment:

lucille said...

ur welcome dear. this shows how much i'm missing u guys! luv yah!